Honorary Degree Nomination Form
Nominations are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year; however, nominations must be received by Friday, November 15, 2019 for honorary degrees conferred in May 2020.
The following considerations will apply to the awarding of honorary degrees by UPEI:
- Recognize outstanding provincial, national, and/or international contributions
- Recognize contributions in any field(s) of endeavour
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Honorary Degrees will not generally be awarded to persons while holding political office.
- Honorary degrees will not generally be awarded to serving UPEI faculty or administration.
- Honorary Degrees will not generally?be awarded in absentia.
- Honorary Degrees will not generally?be granted posthumously, unless Senate has already voted the person a degree and the person has died prior to Convocation.
Any member of the public or the University community may submit nominations. All information submitted on behalf of the nominee will be kept confidential.
Honorary Degree Committee
Office of the President
University of Prince Edward Island
550 University Avenue
Charlottetown, PE C1A 4P3
Make a nomination using the?Honorary Degree Nomination Form?(PDF) or the online form below.